You have your spray gun, now what? Different jobs require different mixing chambers and variable pressure from your machine. Your gun requires care and maintenance in order to extend the life of the gun. Here, we discuss the top six gun enhancements you should have on-hand in order to enhance and extend the life of your spray gun.
- Variable Flow Cap – The Variable Flow Cap is unique to Graco Fusion guns. It allows
you to easily adjust the output on your gun without changing the mixing chamber. This product saves you time and the hassle of taking apart your gun for different areas of the substrate that require different thicknesses. Read more about the Variable Flow Cap.
- Overspray Release – Lubricating gun parts is a necessary step in daily maintenance. Not only does using Overspray Release as a lubricant extend the life of your parts, which can be costly to replace, but it keeps your material running smooth.
- Keep Material Warm and Screens Clean – This, for most, a very obvious step. However, it’s easy to rush and think just a few degrees of material temperature or skipping a day or two cleaning screens won’t make a difference. Believe us when we say, it does! Keep your material warm and at appropriate temperatures, as defined by the material manufacturer. Also, clean your screens daily – after each use. Here’s a video on how to clean your gun.
- Polish Side Seal and Mixing Chamber – Polishing your side seal and mixing chamber can only improve the life of your gun. Taking sandpaper (600-1,000) and moving it in a figure 8 motion, removes any built up particles and the motion helps to prevent unevenness when sanding. Here is a video showing that motion.
- Fix-It Box – Keeping a small stock of frequently used parts is imperative to continuing
your work flow. Available for AP2, AP3, APEX, and Fusion, the Fix-It Box comes with the most common o-rings needing replacement. What’s worse than having a gun down in the middle of a job and having to take a worker off-site to go pick up emergency parts?
- Power Flush System with Dynalube – Just like lubricating, cleaning your gun is necessary at the end of each day’s use. It prevents material from seeping into the gun and potentially causing permanent damage. Most service and repairs we get are preventable when maintaining regular maintenance. The Power Flush System with Dynalube allows you to easily and properly clean your gun. Here’s a video on how to use the Power Flush System.