There are many people who get afraid of the cost of using spray foam insulation in their houses. This is mainly because of the cost factor. Well, if one sees the amazing benefits that this product can offer, then the cost factor of Spray Foam Insulation can be easily overlooked. We bring to the incredible benefits of using it in your homes or other spaces and you would realize that this is actually a beneficial investment where protecting your home is concerned.
These are made from polyurethane and isocyanate which are composite materials. When they mix, the chemical interaction makes the combined substance to expand and harden. During the installation process, both are sprayed simultaneously to ensure a good protective layer is formed.
Basically, there are two types of spray foam insulation– open cell and closed cell. Closed-cell Spray Foam Insulation comes with a host of benefits and is a much-preferred choice that the open cell. This is because the closed cell is not as dense as an open cell.
Here below are some of its amazing benefits:
- It is powerful: Being expansive in nature this form of spray foam insulation tightly seals all the nooks and crannies. It has got the highest rank on the market today because of its air-tight sealing ability.
- Good energy saving: Because of its air sealing ability a lot of businesses and homes save on an incredible amount of energy. In comparison to the other insulations available, this form of spray foam insulation helps save up to 50 % energy.
- It is a moisture barrier: Through the holes and cracks in the walls or ceiling, can invite more than just air, moisture even. Being impermeable to water, it restricts the entrance of moisture.
- Durable: Homes and businesses can be care-free for years because of the longevity factor of Spray Foam Insulation.
- It is eco-friendly: the insulation helps not just reduce energy consumption but also creates a green environment. It protects against mold growth and moisture entrance. Also, because it lasts for years, there is less material consumed.
- Air-tight sealing: air leaks generally cause a high amount of energy consumption. The Spray Foam Insulation helps in air-tight sealing the cracks and holes which helps in energy saving.
- Restrains mold growth: being an inert polymer it provides no source of food or water for the molds. This helps protect homes.