Perform Equipment Shutdown Procedures.
- Disconnect FTS cable at proportioner.
- Test with ohmmeter between pins of cable connector.
- If cable fails test, Repair Fluid Temperature Sensor (FTS)
- Disconnect FTS Cable
Pins Result 1 to 2 Approximately 35 ohms per 50 ft (15.2 m) of hose, plus approximately 10 ohms
How to test a FTS Unit
Test with ohmmeter between pins of cable connector
- Check Pins #1 to #2 Result – approximately 10 ohms
- Check Pins #1 to #3 Result – infinity
- Check Pin #3 to FTS ground screw Result – 0 ohms
- Check Pin #1 to FTS A fitting Result – infinity
Learn how to use a multimeter here.