If running a business were easy, everyone would do it. It’s not always enough to be the best sprayer in town with the best crew and fanciest rig. As a business owner, you need to spend time focusing on expanding your customer base. Here are five quick tips on how to grow your b2c spray foam or coatings business.
1. Connect with your customers – You may be surprised to know, 65% of new business comes from referrals. Your customers will tell everyone how great or horrible you are, so make sure you do right by them. Offer referral discounts, send a thank you note, show up on time. All of the little things add up to big results with customers.
2. Get social – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…it may seem overwhelming to manage a business page. Believe it or not, many consumers determine the legitimacy of a business by their social media accounts. Not only can you easily connect with the community, you can ask friends and family to share your business – offering a great jump start. Customers love to post reviews and a few great reviews might be just what you need to encourage consumers to pick you over the competition. Not savvy with social media? Ask your teenager or niece/nephew to help you get started.
3. Mobilize your business – By 2018, 83% of purchases are expected to be made through mobile websites. Customers want the path of least resistance and if your website isn’t set up for mobile, it’s time to make a change. Most templates on websites such as GoDaddy and Squarespace offer the most up-to-date website templates that include mobile friendly versions.
4. Join your local chamber – Networking may seem tedious, but many business owners have testified the benefits of being a local chamber member. Not only does the chamber include you in their directory and website, but you’ll get to go to networking events where you can connect with other business owners that can refer your business. An added bonus…many chambers even offer a free website for joining, along with other perks.
5. Educate the customer – Consumers are more educated than ever and they expect you to educate them. Taking a few extra minutes to explain how spray foam or coatings chemicals work will take you a long way. Ever notice your customer hovering around the job site? It’s because they want to learn. An informed customer is a customer for life.